Housed in a sophisticated aluminum body, the Sony DSC-RX100 Digital Camera (Black) features a 20.2 megapixel Exmor CMOS image sensor that excels in ultra low-light situations. It's equipped with a brilliant F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T Lens and an integrated pop up flash. You can record ultra high-definition still images in JPEG format, RAW format, or even both simultaneously. The camera also affords Full HD 1080p video capture at 60 frames per second (fps). Plus, it supports a full range of controls for video and still shooting that range from iAUTO to P/A/S/M (Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual).
- Massive 20.2MP Exmor 1" CMOS Image Sensor - The massive 20.2MP Exmor 1" CMOS sensor captures ultra-high definition images that take full advantage of the camera’s sharp Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T lens. The sensor enables advanced column A/D processing that reduces noise levels, resulting in astonishing low light images with incredible smooth and clear details.
- Capture JPEG files, RAW files, or both - The DSC-RX100 saves pictures as compact JPEG files and/or ultra-high quality RAW files. RAW files save images prior to de-mosaicing, white balance, sharpness and color enhancement. This retains maximum latitude for enhancing the image on your PC.
- High speed Auto Focus - To improve focusing speed and sensitivity, the Exmor CMOS sensor uses its rapid throughput to deliver high-quality image signals to the camera’s BIONZ processor, which provides intelligent response data to a new high speed actuator motor in the lens. The result is fast, DSLR-like focusing speeds even in low light.
- Customizable function button - Assign up to seven different functions to the function button, to allow quick access to your most frequently used functions.
- Sophisticated metal body - The sophisticated aluminum body is lightweight, slim, and strong.
- Face Detection/ Registration technology - The camera can automatically detect and register up to eight individual faces and adjust focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends. Can prioritize children or adults
- Built in pop up flash - Enjoy the convenience of flash photography everywhere you go.
- MF assist and peaking - Manual focus becomes much easier because peaking highlights the edges that are in focus in your choice of three colors (white, red, or yellow). This is especially helpful during macro or portrait photography where your focus setting can make or break your shot.
- Picture Effect mode - Realize your creative potential with Picture Effect, a fun and simple way to convert ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Effects are Soft Focus, Posterization, Retro Photo, High Contrast Monochrome, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Soft High-key, Toy Camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Watercolor Painting, HDR Painting, and Illustration.
- Superior Auto mode - Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. The camera automatically recognizes the correct scene mode, then quickly shoots and combines up to six shots to produce images with greater clarity, optimum dynamic range using Backlight Correction HDR technology and lower image noise using 6 shots layering technology. Superior Auto intelligently detects 33 scenes for still images and movies, making it easy to get the best shot.
- Bright F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 3.6x zoom - Large-diameter F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens delivers refined background defocusing - bokeh. A premium multi-layered T coating also dramatically reduces ghost and flare caused by light reflection.
- Full HD 1080/60p - Record crystal clear movies at the highest resolution available with capabilities for 60p in 1080. This provides stunning, fast motion video with less distortion for playback on your HD TV.2 With dual record of stills and movies, you can shoot both at the same time.
- Capture the decisive moment with up to 10fps - Capture full 20.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10 frames per second, helping to ensure that the decisive moment is captured such as the soccer ball flying into the goal. In addition, a mechanical shutter helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting moving subjects.
- Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode - Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode for blur-free movies even while walking.4 Camera-shake compensation using Optical SteadyShot/Active Mode has been improved with the addition of new electronic image stabilization. Now it’s easier than ever to obtain sharp, blur-free movies even when zooming in unsteady situations, such as shooting with one hand while walking.
- Auto portrait framing - Simply photograph a person and Auto Portrait Framing will save an additional, optimally framed image in portrait or landscape orientation. Combining Face Detection and By Pixel Super Resolution technologies with rule of thirds, Auto Portrait Framing provides beautifully composed and appealingly balanced full resolution portraits.
- Multi-aspect ratio recording for still images - Capture still images in any of four aspect ratios — 1:1, 2:3, 4:3, or 16:9 (vertical to horizontal). This provided the freedom to choose a ratio that matches the scene or the specific shooting purpose.
- Four focusing modes - This camera has two Autofocus modes: Single-shot AF (AF-S) or Continuous AF (AF-C), which tracks moving objects. It also has Manual Focus for manual focusing freedom, and Direct Manual Focus (DMF), that first uses autofocusing to focus on the subject, and then allows fast and easy switching to manual focusing for even more precise adjustment.
- Multi-frame noise reduction - In this mode, the camera automatically shoots multiple images and layers them to produce a single noise-free image. This method provides noise reduction equivalent to a 2-stop lower shutter speed while maintaining the same aperture setting. Since the Multi Frame NR mode can be used in combination with P/A/S/M modes, it expands the user’s shooting flexibility.
- Creative Style settings - Control how the camera processes your images with six finishing styles: Standard, Vivid, B&W, Sunset, Portrait and Landscape. You can even fine-tune contrast, saturation, and sharpness to your personal taste.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition mode - Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects 33 different types of scenes for photos and 44 scenes for movies, and then selects the appropriate camera settings. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- P/A/S/M modes for video and stills - Enjoy a full range of controls for video and still shooting from the beginner's iAUTO mode to P/A/S/M: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual. On-screen prompts help you refine your skills, build your confidence and exercise greater creative control.
- Low-light ISO 6400 sensitivity - Incredibly clear low-light pictures without sacrificing detail, made possible by the low-noise Exmor CMOS image sensor and refined BIONZ image processor.
- 3" Xtra Fine LCD Display - The 3" (1,229k dots) Xtra Fine LCD Display makes it easy to scroll through menus and preview life Picture Effects. WhiteMagic increases visibility in bright daylight. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
- Memory recall - MR (memory recall) mode can memorize up to three groups of the user's preferred settings. Settings include zoom magnification, white balance, exposure compensation, date, and grid lines. This enables quick switching of settings at the right moment.
- Auto HDR mode - Captures more scene dynamic range than a single exposure can handle—and more range than photo film. Combines the best highlight detail from one shot, the best mid-tones from a second and the best shadow detail from a third for one incredible shot (up to 6 EV stops). Captures in a split second. (Recommended for still subjects.)
- 3.6x optical/7.2x Clear Image digital zoom - Most digital zooms use electronic cropping to get closer to the subject, resulting in unsharp images. With Clear Image Zoom the powerful processor compares patterns found in adjacent pixels and creates new pixels to match selected patterns, resulting in more realistic, higher-quality images. Clear Image Zoom digitally doubles optical zoom for closer photos.
- Digital level gauge - Digital level gauge to allow easier leveling of the camera
- Photo Creativity - The Photo Creativity interface enables you to easily enjoy the creative expression of SLR-quality digital imaging without complex jargon. Changes can be combined/ removed and viewed in real time on the LCD making it a breeze to make adjustments. Choose from several different Photo Creativity functions using the convenient control wheel and center button including; Picture Effect, Background Defocus, Color, Brightness, and Vividness.
- Sweep Panorama Mode - Capture expansive landscapes automatically. Press the shutter, sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together.
The new CSS cleaner allows you to organize your style sheets.